Friday, September 25, 2009

The wedding cake decorator's bible

During the long weekend, we decided to do some shopping for Deepavali at One Utama. We wanted to beat the crowd, so we went early.

We had two shops in mind. We arrived at 10.30am only to be greeted by a sign that said the store will open at 12pm and the other at 1pm. Sigh, so much for coming early.

It won't go down well with the kids, if we went home. So we decided to kill time at MPH ... one of my favourite places.

Alan Dunn's The Wedding Cake Decorator's Bible: A resource of mix-and-match-designs and embellishments jumped out right at me when I walked in.

I love Dunn's beautiful work but I don't have the patience to make real-looking flowers. I have had two minds about buying his books only because I know it will be left untouched on the book shelves.

But when I saw this book, I immediately decided to buy it. I know I will use this book. This is the Asian edition. This book has been on the market for sometime with a different cover.

It is an all-in-one book with techniques and basic recipes that are fundamental for creating a well-decorated wedding cake. You will find techniques such as embossing, stencilling, piping, gelatine work, brush embroidery, moulds and of course the main sugarflowers.

You will find step by steps for making roses, the arum lily just to name a few. Not too complicated ... I can deal with that.

0 comments:

 

Party With Cakes Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design