Friday, September 18, 2009

Strawberries and more

We celebrated my mom-in-law's birthday yesterday. If you are a member of my family, no prizes for guessing what cake we had for the do. She loves plain vanilla butter cakes and cheese cakes.

I made my family's all-time favourite, chilled lemon cheesecake. I am not going to post the picture of the cake because I have posted it many times.

But here is a picture of the strawberry cupcakes I made for the do. Actually, my youngest gal has been asking for strawberry cupcakes for some time now.

I must thank a baker friend of mine, Mathi, who bought me a few packets of dried strawberries from Cameron Highlands. The dried strawberries taste sweet and sour. All you need to do is puree them and add the puree into a basic cupcake recipe. The cupcakes were yummy!

0 comments:

 

Party With Cakes Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design