Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Peggy Porschen is in town

Peggy Porschen is an international cake designer, teacher and author who is well-known for her contemporary and modern designs. She already has two books to her name, Pretty Party Cakes and Romantic Cakes. Her latest book is Cake Chic.

I had the opportunity to meet Peggy yesterday evening at the International Centre of Cake Artistry (ICCA) and got her to autograph my copies of Cake Chic and Pretty Party Cakes.

I got a chance to chat with her before the event and she came across as a very friendly, approachable and down-to-earth person.

Also present were Peggy's husband (sorry, I forgot his name) and Rosalind Chan (founder of ICCA):

Peggy also conducted a demo on how to decorate petit fours; a small cake generally eaten at the end of a meal or served as part of dessert. I have never tried making these before but after this demo I will definitely try it as Peggy made it look so simple to do.

Everyone who attended the signing event left for home with a goodie bag:

Besides promoting her new book, Peggy will be conducting a three day hands on course starting today until Sept 5, 2009. The course is being conducted at ICCA in Kota Damansara .

This is Peggy's first trip to Asia. And I hope this will not be her last.

0 comments:

 

Party With Cakes Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design