Monday, November 3, 2008

Baked my own birthday cake


Baked and decorated another Deepavali cake. This was for Sakthi's kids' tuition teacher. I iced the top of the cake and left it half way to send my second daughter for piano lessons. When I came back, my eldest daughter 'helped' me smoothen it further. I was really furious as this was a client's order and she knew that. I had to redo the icing and that's when I decided that I should send her for basic cake making and deco class.

I promised to give her lessons when I did not have any orders. But looks like every other weekend I am busy with orders. I can't expect my 12-year-old to understand that and patiently wait for me to teach her. So that's when I decided to sign her up for the Icing on the Cake class at Cake Connection this Friday. :) I am really excited for her.

Remember the fruit cake that I was supposed to bake last week? I finally baked my rich sugee fruit cake for the house and it was yummy!!! I just cut a small piece to sample. The rest of the cake, I cut into four portions and wrapped them in aluminium foil and put them away in storage containers. I just want to glaze them with brandy once a week for about a month. It's going to be really good. Well, good things come to people who wait, so the saying goes...

If anyone wants the rich sugee fruit cake for Christmas, I am open for bookings now. :)

Over the weekend, I had to bake a cake for my birthday. Yes, I baked a cake for my birthday! But, I would like to say that I baked the cake for Sakthi as she shares the same birthday as me. I just 'tumpang' my name on the cake. It was the rich moist chocolate cake.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey i m yoegeetha, yoges' niece.
your cakes look really nice. if its not too troubling, do you think you can give me a basic chocolate cake recipe? would really like to try it out >< thank you.

yuha said...

Hi yoegeetha.

Just saw yor msg. Right now I only have a choc cupcake recipe. Let me go home and get it for u. Give me yr email address.

In the meantime, here's the cupcake recipe:


Basic Chocolate Cup Cake Recipe
Ingredients
5 oz (150g) Butter - softened
5 oz (150g) superfine (castor) sugar
6 oz (175g) self-raising flour
3 eggs
2 tbls cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract

Method
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350oF (180oC).
2. Line a 12 cup cake pan, with cup cake papers.
3. Crack the eggs into a cup and beat lightly with a fork.
4. Place all the ingredients in a large bowl.
5. Beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes, until light and creamy.
6. Divide the mixture evenly between the cake cases.
7. Bake for 18-20 minutes until risen and firm to touch.
8. Allow to cool for a few minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
9. Allow to cool fully before icing.

Notes Makes 12 cakes.

Anonymous said...

thank you!

my email address is yoegeetha@gmail.com

=)

yuha said...

Yoegeetha,

did u check yr email? i sent you the recipe.

 

Party With Cakes Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design