Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Cakes, cakes and more cakes

Deepavali celebration is finally over. The week before was baking, baking and more baking. During this time, I should be busy doing murukku and cookies for Deepavali but here I was making cakes to fulfill the orders I received. Not that I am complaining.

I hardly make stuff for Deepavali. I usually pinch my supply from my mom or order them. This year, I actually made pineapple tarts and ghee biscuits ... only because my friend, Sakthi, wanted to learn and make them for Deepavali.

Other than that, I was baking for other people. I only wanted to make the rich sugee fruit cake for the home but never got to make it for Deepavali as I had the orders.

I have been wanting to make this cake for months now ... I wanted to soak it in brandy for a month in time for Deepavali. Yummy!!! Still not too late for that. Last night, prepared the fruits and soaked them in brandy. Tonite I will make the cake. :) Finally...

Here are the cakes that I made last week:

Sakthi's gals have been very enterprising. The got one of their classmates to order her birthday cake from them and made their classmates pay for some cup cakes. They promoted my cakes to their classmates. Thanks gals. Good job!
My friend, Hema, ordered some plain cup cakes for her family for Deepavali.Cake Connection had two birthday cake orders for me as well as a 'hantaran' cake. The flowers on the cakes are from Cake Connection except the flowers on the chocolate cake which I made.

The carnations on the 50th birthday cake is made out of royal icing and the roses on the hantaran cake is made out of sugar paste. You can get a beautiful variety of flowers from Cake Connection. They are so pretty that you will not have the heart to cut the cake.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, beautiful hantaran cake, congrats to you ! And Happy Deepavali ya.

yuha said...

Hi, min. Thanks for your compliments and wishes.

 

Party With Cakes Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design