Monday, October 13, 2008

Gum paste shoe

I have been looking at various ideas to make cake decorating more personalised and interesting. And of course, without spending money. Yesterday I found time to make a shoe out of gum paste.

It is a very simple shoe. Didn't attempt to make it look elaborate cos I just wanted see if I could make it look like a shoe.

I followed the instructions and cut out the templates and then rolled and shaped the gum paste. It wasn't difficult to do.

If you don't want to cut out templates for the shoe, there are places that sell these moulds. And they are pricey.

Within an hour I finished making the shoe. Here's my masterpiece:As you can see, I have not taken away the support. The shoe is supposed dry for about four to five days depending on the weather. Only then can you remove the support.

Hope it stands on its own after drying. Keeping my fingers crossed.

0 comments:

 

Party With Cakes Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design