Monday, August 17, 2009

Food and Hotel Malaysia 2009

Last week, I attended the Food and Hotel Malaysia 2009 (FHM 09) which was held from August 11 -14 at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre.

FHM 09 is a complete show for the food, beverage & hospitality industry professionals to source, gather and exchange the latest information in this field. There were about 700 companies participating from more than 50 countries worldwide in this event.

It was my first and was an eye opener for me. I visited the event with my husband and we had a good time feasting our eyes as well as tasting various products in the industry.

Many companies were giving away freebies, there were demos on noodle-making, coffee making, a teh tarik champion was showing off his skills, and cake decorating just to name a few.

I was looking out more on what was in the baking industry and found some interesting products. My favourite was the gold, silver and bronze sheen sold at the Baker's Choice booth.

Alongside FHM 2009, Culinare Malaysia 2009, the region’s largest culinary competition was held with the best chefs in the industry showing off their skills.

I did not go for this as I had already spent about four hours just walking around the halls of FHM. We left the exhibition feeling full (all that yummy treats) and contended!

On the way out, I took a photo of the Petronas Twin Towers. Being in Kuala Lumpur, I keep telling myself that I can snap a photo of this magnificent structure any time but never got around to doing it. But that day has come to pass.

0 comments:

 

Party With Cakes Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design