Thursday, August 6, 2009

Another toy!

I got another early birthday gift. A digital thermometer from my friend, Manjeet.

This was really a pleasant surprise.

Recently, we went to Pastry Pro to collect an edible image icing that I had ordered.

While I was talking to the lady at the counter about my order, my friend was busy checking out a digital thermometer. A little later, she asked me if I had bought one and I said no. I asked her if she was getting one and she said yes. Even then I didn't suspect anything.

We always joked that Manjeet buys more stuff than me when we go to a baking supply shop. Manjeet does not not bake, nevertheless, she is one of my biggest supporters. :)

Right after we got into the car, she was bursting with excitement when she handed me a plastic bag. She said that she couldn't wait that long for my birthday to pass me my gift.

Inside the bag, you guessed it, was a digital thermometer! Thank you so much, Manjeet!

This toy will be handy for chocolate and sugar work. You need to know the right temperature to temper chocolate and cook sugar to create works of art. Or even use it when I make the Italian Meringue Butter Cream!

I wonder if there are any more surprises like this coming my way!

0 comments:

 

Party With Cakes Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design