Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy 100th birthday, Granpa!

I am so eager to share this with you. I am proud to announce that my maternal grandpa is officially a centinarian! We celebrated his 100th birthday yesterday. I must say that I am really previleged to attend such a celebration.

His grand do was planned by his seven daughters. It's been such a long time since we had everyone under one roof ... children, grandchildren and great grandchildren.

My grandpa has always been big on health. He is a vegetarian and has been practising yoga all his life. He only stopped doing yoga when my grandma passed away few years ago. He truly lives up to the tagline, 'Health is Wealth.'

The birthday cake was baked by one of my aunties. Yes, there are other bakers in the family. I didn't quite understand why a train cake when I first saw it. But after seeing the words, 'Arunasalam Express' on it, I understood why.

I suppose the train symbolises the journey taken by my grandpa through his 100 years. Long live, Appappa! Hope you have many more great years ahead of you.

0 comments:

 

Party With Cakes Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design