Monday, March 2, 2009

It toppled over

Last night I decorated two cakes. The first was the Mad Hatter cake, a miniature version. I wanted to remember what I learned at Jo's class two weeks ago.

I just made 2 cakes of different sizes and carved them accordingly. Then covered them with fondant.

My version of why this cake is also called a Mad Hatter: I went mad doing the it.

Since the kitchen was humid, the fondant started 'sweating,' ... major! So the wet look.

As I was doing two projects yesterday, I was rushing to finish this cake. In the process, I did not spend enough time on making the support strong for the top tier. So it looked like it was going to topple any time.

I hate taking photos at night and in the house. Since the cake looked like it was going to topple any moment, I had no choice but to take photos immediately.

Right after these photos were taken, The top tier just toppled off. :))))

I should be sad :(( but it was so funny I started laughing!!!!

Next time, I will definitely spend more time on this Mad Hatter.

Now for the second project: I have been wanting to try out the buttercream transfer technique and pull-apart cake for sometime now. So this is a two-in-one project.

I kept pushing off doing this project because I was not sure how it was going to turn out and if the cup cakes would stick together.

I also enjoyed 'drawing' out Hello Kitty.

Actually, it was easy peesy. My kids were like, 'Wahhhhh, amma, so nice.' That made my day! :) Love to do more of these in the future.


2 comments:

yatt said...

ur kitty pullout cake is so cute ;-)

yuha said...

TQ yatt.

 

Party With Cakes Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design