Monday, January 12, 2009

MCDC get together

Last saturday, I attended the second Malaysian Cake Decorators' Club (MCDC) meet. It was my first. Cake Connection was kind enough to lend their space for the get together.

It was really fun. There were 20 of us and all of us brought food, it was a good spread. Yum. I finally could put a face to some of the names in the forum.

Jo gave us a demo on how to make marzipan and a Chinese New Year cake. Tepee from Tpcal Cake gave us a talk on photography. Very informative. Thank you Jo and Tepee.

My camera ran out of battery just before Jo finished decorating the Chinese New Year cake. So the picture of the end product is courtesy of Tepee.

We had a surprise from one of the ladies, Nayat. She brought a gift for the lucky draw. Nancy of Cake Connection was asked to pick the lucky winner. Guess who was the lucky gal? Me!

Everyone was eager to know what the gift was. I had a pleasant surprise when I ripped it open. It was Debbie Brown's latest book, Dream Wedding Cakes. This book has been on my wish list for some time now. Now I can strike that out. :)
Thanks Najat, really appreciate it.

All in all, I had a great time learning and chatting with the ladies. Looking forward to the next meet on March 7.

0 comments:

 

Party With Cakes Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design